Tuesday 1 September 2009

Bank Holiday Weekend

The last Bank Holiday weekend of the year! If I had my way every weekend would be 3 days long, it makes such a difference. You really feel like you've had a break whereas a normal weekend sometimes goes past so quick you're back to work with a lighter wallet and heavier bags under the eyes before you know it!

Friday was a kick-back after a stress-filled week. I actually felt exhausted after all the travelling for my job interview and then the interview itself. I suppose when you're filled with adrenaline and then the event passes you have a kind of withdrawal effect afterwards and that was definitely the case! Despite getting lost on the way to the interview (ending up following a path through the woods, I do not exaggerate!) I made it in good time and generally felt it went well. Still haven't 100% decided if I'll accept it should they offer it so am weighing up the various pros and cons.

Saturday morning was mainly relaxation. I should probably have gone to the gym as I didn't go Friday (and I knew it was closed for Bank Holiday Monday) but I couldn't muster the motivation. I had a fairly long walk though. Stayed in again in the evening, wanting to conserve a) money and b) energy for the following day, for that was...



Yes it was the 10th Anniversary of Film4's FrightFest, a festival of horror films shown at the Empire, Leicester Square. Budget couldn't stretch to the full festival pass, which I'm actually glad of as I don't think I could handle 4 days of it, 1 full day was enough! Six films in one day, quite a mixed bag of different styles, there was only one I really didn't like, the others I enjoyed to varying degrees. I think on reflection my favourite was the adaptation of Clive Barker's 'Dread' which is a short story from his Books of Blood. I hadn't read that particular story before but have done so since seeing the film and I actually think the film improved on it! Quite unusual as I think Clive Barker is an absolute genius.

It's actually really tiring being in a cinema all day, despite the fact you are sat on your ass. Not to mention getting back really late (I'm not used to really late nights, must be getting old). Next day was mainly just mooching around and chilling out, oh and buying a car (not mine, the bf's). Bit more Mafia drama with C who came round for a drink, I gave my usual sage advice. I do understand why people put up with people they love behaving like twats but there has to come a time when enough is enough, or if you don't see any improvement you have to wonder why you're bothering.

Meanwhile, I still need to get a few items for holiday. I'm being very organised (for me) because I'm conscious of being away 2 weekends in September and I don't want to run out of time for shopping! I'm still planning on getting another pair of trunks, a bit briefer than the other pair for sunbathing purposes:




and then I want a pair of longer boardshort style ones which can be for watersports or just wandering around:



Aside from that, I need a new pair of sunglasses (cheap ones, I don't see the point in spending a lot for something I will no doubt break/lose) and I'd quite like some of those really light floaty kind of linen trousers, whether full length or calf length I dunno yet. I don't think I'll get an other clothes, unless I see the sort of vest I really want - I don't know how to describe the sort of vests I like, but basically block colour but the neck and arm edges are of a contrasting colour. I have no idea what this would be called so I can't even search online for it! Sometimes I see guys wearing them and want to go up and say "Where did you get this vest!?" like I'm a crazy person but I resist. Guess I just have to keep looking around and see if I can find it! Otherwise I've got my Diesel one and a couple of cheap white ones so not a big deal if I can't find it.

Apart from that, suncream! The bargain-hound in me will be sniffing out the reductions here as I reckon Boots etc will be doing half-price now that for most people holiday season is ending. I'm probably going to go for a Factor 25-30 and maybe a 15 for the second week!

No comments: