Thursday 3 September 2009

Working Out

For a variety of reasons I haven't been to the gym for a week!

But, today I'm back on it - it's gonna hurt!

Planning on doing:

Dumb-bell bench press 3 x 8 @ 30kg each (will try for sets of 8 but have only just moved up to 30kg so we'll see)

Hammer curls 3 x 8 @ 17.5kg each

Single-arm bent over row 3 x 8 @ 30kg (should be ok with 30s for these)

Decline barbell bench press 3 x 8 @ 50kg (25kg each side plus whatever the bar weighs - 15kg? not sure, I should check that).

Shrugs - 3 x 8 with 25kg plates

Might...big might...do some deadlifts, depending on how energetic I feel. My deadlift weight is woeful because it's not something I have done much before (stupid I know) so I'm probably looking at 20kg each side of the bar, see how I go.

Then whatever machines I feel like - likely 3 x 8 @ 55kg seated chest press, 3 x 8 @ 55kg seated row, 2 x 8 dips and chins @ bodyweight -15kg, seated shoulder press 3 x 8 @ 35kg and possibly lat pull downs.

Will see how I get on - am planning on going again Saturday, when I'll be doing some more squats (don't fancy doing any today as I've been cycling quite a bit this week and still have to tomorrow as well).

Still hoping to build a bit of muscle for holiday but given we're 5 1/2 weeks away now, realistically I won't add much - I'm going to watch my diet a bit more though and really make an effort to eat cleanly, as I would like ideally to be a bit more cut than I am currently - not only to look HOT in my new Aussiebums, but also then I will be able to justify gorging myself on all inclusive food and cocktails :-)

No comments: