Friday 25 September 2009

Spare Tyre


So this weekend starts with a quiet night in, followed tomorrow morning by me attempting to replace the inner tube in my rear bike tyre. I say 'attempting', in theory I should be fine as I've done it before a couple of times, but I do tend to get in a bit of a mess with it and lose my temper - I think the last time I did it I kicked the bike frame rather hard.

The bike didn't really care, but my foot wasn't best pleased.

Assuming that is done, I'll be heading to the gym for my 3rd and hence final session of the week, where (hopefully amongst other things) I will be doing some squats, some deadlifts, some shrugs and some dumbell flyes. Mainly because I haven't done them the rest of this week! What I have been doing is the usual round of hammer curls (3x8 @ 17.5kg), dumbbell benchpress (3x8 @ 30kg aimed for, in reality I think I probably did 8, 6, 6), one-arm bent over row (3x8 @ 30kg) skullcrushers (3x8 @ 30kg) and then various machines. Still not particularly happy that I have a tiny bit of extra lard on my tummy at the moment but I don't suppose much can be done about that in just over 2 weeks!

Rest of the day will be shopping and other mundane household stuff, then Sunday is a road trip - should be good.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to come up with my holiday reading shortlist. It's really hard to decide what to take. I can't take too many as my weight will be over the limit (5kg for hand luggage, 25 or 27kg I think for main luggage) but I equally don't want to zip through my books in the first week and then have nothing for the rest of the time (as this will only encourage me to drink far too many mojitos and that's no good for anyone).

Something factual might be a good idea as I mostly read fiction - perhaps the new one by the guy that wrote Blink, Malcolm Gladwell I think it is - we'll see.

No comments: