Tuesday 15 September 2009

How to Have a Successful Gay Blog

It strikes me that some of the most popular gay-written blogs fall into one of two main categories:

1. Single guys who write in detail about various sexual escapades, often including photos of themselves (and they are invariably well-built and attractive)

2. Single guys who write in detail about how tragic/depressing their life is, how they can't find meaning in anything and they don't know how to ever break the cycle of grief (they may or may not also be well-built and attractive).

So why is this? I'm guilty of it myself (reading blogs like this, that is) and although I'm under no impression that anyone else is reading this, as I'm really writing it for myself, I do find it difficult to think of things I'd like to write about - after all, I've got a lovely partner and I'm happy. I suppose I could write about previous sexual encounters but that doesn't really interest me and I don't really want to put that out there, I'd prefer some things stay private (though does that make me a hypocrite when I enjoy reading it from others?)

Not sure there's an answer to this, just something I've observed. I'd like to find a really interesting blog written by a partnered gay guy with no hang-ups - just a well-written insightful commentary on modern life.

Does it exist? Perhaps I should brush up on my writing (I'm painfully aware I do not write well on here and that's mainly due to doing it in snatched moments when bored at work) and become the change that I want to see?

Or perhaps I should just post some pics of me in my pants? :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Try this blog, which is part of a much larger LGBT travel site:
http://blog.globalgayz.com/
Happy trails.