Monday 16 November 2009

Where are all the men in this town?


"Fresh...I'm so fresh and I'm so clean, got the lips and got the skin, got the skin, got this thing..."


I am really loving the new album from Columbian pop superstar Shakira! I've liked her ever since she burst onto the English-speaking music charts with Whenever, Wherever - the single 'She Wolf' was a fun, quirky tune and the She Wolf album is great too, I definitely recommend it!

By the way, the title of this post and the lyric above are from the track 'Men in This Town' which is one of my favourites so far.

She was also fantastic on the X Factor this weekend, performing the new single 'Did It Again' - no, not the Britney song! She was much, much better than Britney last year...in fact I think she gave the best performance of any of them so far this series, plus she gave coherent answers to lil Dermot's questions - and English isn't even her first language - show 'em how it's done, Shaks!

One thing I like about her too is that you never see her falling out of clubs and flashing her hippo's yawn in the gossip mags. She also does a lot of work for charity!

Let's hope she does concert dates in London next year - I'll be there!

No comments: