Wednesday 18 November 2009

Life

In case you're not watching it, you really must catch up with the David Attenborough-narrated nature show Life on BBC1 @ 9pm on Mondays (catch up on BBC iPlayer if you've missed any).


The footage is truly amazing, and it's brilliant the way they weave stories around the stuff they get. The most recent episode focused on insects, and the way they are so highly adapted for their own ecological niche is fascinating - insects that squirt acid! It's just like in Alien. Except, not quite so much Ripley.


It's great to see licence-fee money spent wisely on something like this, worth every penny.


Anyway another show I recommend on a Monday @ 8.30pm on BBC2 is Miranda, a sitcom from Miranda Hart who you will recognise from loads of other comedy shows. The unique twist on this show is that she breaks 'the fourth wall' and talks directly to the audience at certain points, with random asides and observations. It works much better than the little segments that were in the Jessica Stevenson/Hynds vehicle 'According to Bex'. There's plenty of laughs and she has an amazing knack for physical comedy. I think it's a fun, fresh and quirky show and have really been enjoying it. Give that woman a Bafta now!


And that's what I've mostly been watching this week.

2 comments:

Fresco said...

Yes, I saw the insects too on BBC One and it was indeed truly fantastic. That bug that roasted it's enemy with acid and exhausted fumes was just hilarious!

I noticed the trailers for Miranda where quite funny, but sadly I missed the episodes, so I better pay more attention next time it's on.

demoness said...

My fella and me both love Miranda..its hilarious! that woman is so funny! She reminds me of a female bernard breslaw from carry on fame.. Would advise anyone who aint seen it yet to give it a look..