Thursday 27 August 2009

The Society of Others

Just in case you were interested...

The title of this blog "The Society of Others" is unashamedly stolen from the title of the novel by William Nicholson, which I read a few years ago and thought was amazing.

You can buy it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Society-Others-William-Nicholson/dp/055277202X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251362795&sr=8-1

Here's what a couple of critics say about it:

JACK 'Slick, pacy period piece from one of the UK’s most successful thriller writers.'

The Times 'Very good...Kafka lurks in the background through all this...concerning how to remain human amidst inhumanity.'

I love books that have philosophies weaved into them, and this is a perfect example of that. Not only is it a great read, but it makes you think - really satisfying experience.

In fact, I think I might take it with me on holiday and read it again! Or find some of his other novels and give them a go. Not sure yet what my holiday reading list is going to be but I want a good mix, and probably going to take at least 6 books!

No comments: