Thursday 27 August 2009

Left 4 Dead DLC

Apparently there's some new DLC content coming for the original Left 4 Dead prior to the release of Left 4 Dead 2 - it's called Crash Course, and it's due to hit in September.

The sting is that for PC gamers, this DLC is going to be free...but for Xbox 360, it's going to cost MS points! I'm not sure how much right now, but of course I'm going to pay it...just a bit galling that I'll be paying for something that PC players get for free. I personally think this is a bad move but I read somewhere that Valve had their hands tied by Microsoft and they weren't able to offer it for free...if that's the case and we either have it and pay for it, or don't have it at all, then I'd rather pay!

Crash Course is meant to be a mini-campaign (so probably not the full 5 levels of each of the original campaigns) that fills in the blanks between when the survivors escaped from the rooftop at the end of No Mercy, and the beginning of Death Toll. The assumption is that the 'copter crashed, probably because the pilot turned into a zombie (if you listen to him at the end of No Mercy you can hear he got bit and now he's not feeling too good). Anyway, this is probably going to be the last time we get to play as Francis, Bill, Louis and Zoey and I can't frickin' wait!!

No comments: