Monday 5 October 2009

New Music

[b]Beverley Knight[/b] - 100%

I've liked Beverley for years...I think she's got an amazing voice and one of the best British singers we've ever produced. I was a bit 'meh' about her last album, but she's back on form with this one! Great production, nice mix of up-tempo and slower tracks, all showcasing that smooth, soulful voice - absolute quality.

Play/Repeat - Beautiful Night - lovely song!



[b]Nerina Pallot - The Graduate[/b]

Nerina's 2nd album 'Fires' was a revelation, and I immediately went out and bought her 1st album, 'Dear Frustrated Superstar' which I also love. This is her 3rd album, haven't listened to it much but what I have heard sounds great, and I love the title of one of the songs, 'When Did I Become Such a Bitch'. This is 'Real Late Starter:



[b]Paloma Faith - Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful?[/b]

Lots of comparisons to Amy Winehouse and Duffy for this girl, who has a quirky look and sound and has exploded into the limelight with a banging debut album. You might have heard her single 'Stone Cold Sober' which is a great introduction, but the whole album is cool, smooth and great listening.

Play/Repeat - New York

1 comment:

Fresco said...

I like the Beverly and Paloma songs.
Btw, is Bev's video her application for Strictly?