Thursday 1 October 2009

Crash Course - So Far...

Francis: "I hate helicopters."

Yes, the Left 4 Dead DLC has arrived and I have it, and played it! The idea of it is to bridge the gap between the end of original campaign 'No Mercy' - when you escape the roof of the hospital via helicopter, with the start of 'Death Toll.' Basically, the pilot of the chopper is infected and the copter crashes, leaving you with the usual problem of lots and lots of undead nasties trying to tear your limbs off.

First impressions... hmm, I haven't played Left 4 Dead for a while and I did find the two levels that make up this new campaign quite tough! The environments were quite sprawling and it was confusing knowing which way to go - I try to cast my mind back to when I first played the game and I guess it was the same back then when playing a new level, but I've played all the standard Left 4 Dead levels so many times now I know the layout completely.

I only played it on Single Player so I could get used to it, so I haven't tried it on Live yet and I haven't played Versus, which I think is where it will really come into it's own. I must admit I didn't really like the finale, it felt like the place to defend wasn't quite as well designed as the original levels - but I did like the fact you had to activate the generator twice, so couldn't rely on camping!

In the first level of the campaign, I got 2 witches and a tank! Harsh!

I will aim to have a go with actual live humans asap - oh, and I was playing on Normal and still died once! I really must be rusty!

No comments: