Friday 29 May 2009

Hurricane

In the never ending quest to get big 'n' ripped, I've ordered and now received a 2.5kg bag of chocolate flavour Hurricane XS powder from http://www.myprotein.co.uk/



I've had it before but never took it regularly enough to make a proper difference I don't think.

Going to do it properly this time and have one in the morning and one in the afternoon on non-gym days, and one in the morning, one post-workout on gym days.

Hurricane XS is good because it's whey protein, creatine, glutamine and HMB all in one - no muss, no fuss. It's basically the myprotein equivalent of the Maximuscle Cyclone product.

Anyway, I have probably a month's supply (maybe less, I dunno - it's 2 scoops per shake) and I'll see how I go with it and order more if I manage to stick to the plan this time!

Here's what they say about it:

Hurricane XS pushes the boundaries yet again and adds something new to the much loved Hurricane®. With slower digesting carbohydrates the formula is more suited for consumption as either a meal replacement or post workout (PWO) offering. The carbohydrate source is based around the slow digesting carbohydrate choice of our Ultra Fine Scottish Oats to give a sustained release in energy and aid muscle building over a period of time. The protein chosen is now a combination of Impact Whey Isolate® and Impact Whey Protein® which is high biological value whey to aid muscle growth and repair. Whey Protein Isolate is the gold standard in protein powders.

There is 5g of Creapure® creatine in each serving to aid strength and an increase in lean muscle mass. No other supplement in the industry has the reputation for increasing lean gains and strength that creatine does. Creapure® is the advanced formula of monohydrate powder. More reps, more strength equals more gains.

Combined with quality training Hurricane XS will yield great results in both strength and size, whilst providing a fresh tasting shake to have on the go. We have now added 1.5g's of HMB per serving to increase lean tissue and stave off catabolism (muscle break down) and the most abundant amino acid (L-Glutamine - 5g per serving) is also added to aid your gains.
The science behind this formula is unrivalled, the gains fantastic!

Active Ingredients (per serving):
Creapure® Creatine: 5g
L-Glutamine: 5g
HMB: 1.5g

P.s. I love the big pouch that the powder comes in, it's resealable so I'll pour half of it into my plastic lock-tight container and leave the other half in the pouch. Man, I sound really dull...

1 comment:

JS Grame-Smith said...

I am using one of the best protein powder to make my physic in perfect shape and it is very good powder actually.
- whey protein isolate